Little Me At The Time of Bosnian War

Monday, July 06, 2015

Found a picture of me when I was little with my parents in 1995!
I thought I'd post it today because I'm spending the day with my Bosnia lot in Westminster as there is a ceremony for Srebrenica Memorial Day.
How weird do I look!!


If you would like to show your support for Remembering Srebrenica please sign up here and let them send one tweet out from your account, just one I promise! We want as many people to sign up as possible so their message can reach the most people. The tweet will go out on the 11th July and will just say...

“20 years today since the Srebrenica genocide took place. I am remembering the 8,372 victims+survivors #Srebrenica2015http://thndr.it/1f4IFSv



"The Service will commemorate the 8,372 men and boys massacred in the Bosnian town of Srebrenica in July 1995, during the Balkans conflict of 1992 to 1995. The Service will also reflect on the lessons of Srebrenica in the 20th anniversary year of the genocide, and look with hope to the reconciliation of peoples and faiths.
In 1993, Srebrenica had been declared a UN Safe Area, under the watch of the United Nations Protection Force (UNPROFOR). In July 1995, Bosnian Serb paramilitary units overran and captured the town, despite its designation as an area 'free from any armed attack or any other hostile act.'
In the days following Srebrenica's fall, 8,372 Bosnian Muslim men and boys were systematically massacred and buried in mass graves. It was the greatest atrocity on European soil since the Second World War."
xxx


You Might Also Like

0 comments