Looks like I got myself a reason to go outside more!

Monday, September 28, 2015

So a few weeks ago my boyfriend bought a longboard, he's wanted one for ages and finally got one from his work. We went out at the weekend to try it, he brought along an old plastic cruiser he got years ago so I wouldn't be that left behind.

I've never been on a skateboard before and he found a pretty perfect place to start. Obviously because he's amazing at everything he got on and just was perfect immediately, whereas I struggled, a lot! 
Ok so the little skateboard I was on had got slightly rusty from being in a shed for years, but I had a go on his longboard, and it was much easier so.... I decided to buy one for myself! 

The boyfriend showed me lots of different styles, we went to the skates warehouse to have a look, and I decided on a Penny Nickel, the bigger version of the Penny skateboard. It was easier to balance on and I quite like the style. Ok so people will judge me for it and its bright pink so it'll be hard to miss but I kinda love it already. 
I've only been on it twice, but so far it's loads of fun. I'm not good at it but if I keep practising I guess I'll get better no? 

It's a good way to exercise though so maybe I will start getting fitter eventually!! Plus I never spend any time outside anymore and this will be one way to go out more often.



You Might Also Like

0 comments